The results of the 312,000 candidates who participated in Saturday’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) across the country were released, says the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
The Council’s Director, Media and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) on Monday in Lagos.
Benjamin asked all interested candidates to check their profiles for results.
According to him, the council is optimistic that the whole exercise will be trouble-free, as it has worked hard to ensure that this year’s examination process is one of the best ever undertaken in recent times.
“I want to say that the Board is happy with the exam on its first day, Saturday, March 14th.
“This does not mean that we have not registered one or two technical problems.
“There is no way for someone to embark on such massive exercises without any problems.
“However, the good thing is that, as soon as our attention is drawn to these problems, we tackle them immediately.
“So, the board is fully prepared to face these problems, but I must say that we are satisfied with the examination so far,” he said.
Benjamin assured that the Council would continue to guarantee the provision of quality services, in an attempt to give all deserving candidates the opportunity to stand out.
9jatoday reports that, in the continuation of the exercise, a total of 469,670 candidates on Monday sat for the exam at various centers across the country.
The head of media and information at JAMB said on Tuesday, March 17, that the results of these candidates will also be ready.