The Nigerian National Intelligence Agency, NIA salary structure is based on the CONPASS salary structure. As it is one of the paramilitary and government agencies in Nigeria.
Are you interested in joining the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency? Finish this article to learn about the paramilitary agency, this is including NIA salary structure, their recruitment process, and so on.
About the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency
The Nigerian National Intelligence Agency (NIA) was established in 1986 as one of the security organizations in the country. The agency with other two security agencies; State Security Service (SSS) and Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) was established National Security Agency by President Ibrahim Babangida that year.
Since then, it has been saddled with the responsibility of securing foreign intelligence as well as counterintelligence operations. As one of the highest paying government agencies, it continues to attract a high number of candidates during its recruitment process.
Before we discussed the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency NIA salary structure, below are the summarized function of the agency.
Functions of the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency
1. It oversees the overall security of the Nation when it comes to foreign intelligence whether domestic or not
2. NIA maintains peace and order, identifies the threat, and takes actions externally.
Nigerian National Intelligence Agency, NIA salary Structure
How much does NIA new entry workers earn monthly? The NIA salary per month is determined by the CONPASS salary structure because the agency is a paramilitary organization.
Like other paramilitary agencies, the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency, NIA salary structure is paid based on the ranks and years of experience in the organization. Although, this does not rule out the fact that a graduate may earn more than a non-graduate or take the position of skills.
Furthermore, the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency NIA salary structure is organized in such a way that the high-level rank officer earns higher than the low-level rank official. And the higher-level ranked officials are usually the Intelligence Officer and the Administrative staff while the lower-level ranked officers are the Intelligence Agent and the technical Intelligence Agency.
Also, it is difficult to ascertain the specific amount paid by the agency using the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency, NIA salary structure. Although it is gathered from different sources that the average salary paid by the NIA is N160,000 to N170,000. This is after tax and another necessary fee has been deducted.
Similarly, the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency (NIA) officers are also entitled to different benefits. Ranging from monetary rewards to training to public holidays to pensions and so on.
Nigerian National Intelligence Agency, NIA Recruitment and Application Process
NIA recruitment is done almost every year as the organization employs new intakes annually. Even though the selection process is usually competitive, it is easy to apply for the recruitment process. Before we highlight the steps you can use to apply for the NIA recruitment, below are the requirements to apply for the NIA requirements.
Requirements for NIA Recruitment
Almost all organizations have the requirements they look out for in recruiting staff, so is the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency.
To be considered for a position in the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency, you must be;
- A citizen of Nigeria whether by birth or descent
- Between the age of 18 to 35 years
- Have a valid identity card whether voter’s card or national ID or international passports or a driver’s license.
- Physically and mentally fit for the job
- Height of at least 1.7m and an expanded chest of 0.87m for males and 1.64m height for females
- Good behavior, morals and not be convicted of any crime before
- At least a secondary school leaver. With WAEC/SSCE result with nothing less than 3 credits including English language and 2 other subjects. Or NECO/GCE result with credits in nothing less than 4 subjects at 1 sitting and 5 credits in 2 sitting.
How to apply for the NIA Recruitment in 2021
1. Login into the Nigerian National Intelligence Agency, NIA website
2. Scroll through the website and check if there is any vacancy in the organization
3. If there is any, you can click on your preferred position to apply
4. Input all the required details when filling the application form
5. Ensure you verify that all the information supplied is correct
6. Click on the submit button to be able to upload your certificates.
7. Upload the necessary certificates and the bit same
Note: Application for any position on the NIA website is free and you are not expected to pay any fee. Also, you are not expected to apply more than once or submit more than one application form for a position. Else you will be disqualified for more than one submission.
Read Also: Hardest Special Forces Training in The World