Architecture is one of the competitive courses to study in Nigeria. Are you an aspirant searching for JAMB Subject combinations for Architecture? This is a complete guide on the subject requirements to study architecture in any Nigerian university.
Do you wish to know the compulsory subject for Architecture that you must register for in JAMB? Finish reading this article to learn more about it. Check out the list of less Less Competitive Courses You Can Study In Nigeria
About Architecture as a Course
Architecture is one of the competitive courses offered at the University. The course trains students and prospective architects in technical design and construction of buildings. Through the study, architects are trained and licensed in the construction of various buildings including houses, offices, landscapes, skyscrapers, and so on.
It is a 4 or 5 years course at a Nigerian university. There are more than 50 tertiary institutions offering the course. Even at that, it is usually hard to gain admission to study the course, especially in Federal universities. However, with the right JAMB Subject combination for Architecture, and meeting the requirements, you can be offered admission to study the course.
Architecture is offered as a course in many universities, polytechnics, and the College of Education. Depending on your score and preference, you can enroll in any of the institutions. That being said, below is the full details about the architecture admission requirements whether JAMB, O’level, or institutional.
Subject Requirements for Architecture
To gain admission into any institution offering Architecture as a course, there are number of requirements that must be met.
JAMB Subject Combinations for Architecture
If JAMB Subject Combinations for Architecture you must register for in JAMB.
- Chemistry or Biology or Economics or Geography or any other art subjects.
Note: Scoring higher in your UTME or JAMB gives you a higher chance of gaining admission to study architecture in any institution. See the list of Private Universities That Offers Admission Without JAMB In Nigeria
O’level Subject Combinations for Architecture
Like many science courses, you must have 5 credit passes in some compulsory subject with other credits in your preferred courses. Candidates who are interested in studying Architecture are expected to register for 9 subjects and at least pass 5 compulsory subjects. Below are the compulsory subject combinations for Architecture.
- English Language
- Biology or any other art subjects including Geography, Wood Work, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design and so on.
Direct Entry (DE) Subject Combinations for Architecture and Requirements
Depending on the institution you choose, below is the list of architecture requirements for admission for direct entry students.
Candidates are expected to;
- Possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in compulsory subjects in WAEC, NECO, or any other accepted results by the school chosen. See the list of Universities that accept NECO results
- ND or HND upper credits or any other acceptable equivalent certificate in a related field to architecture from a recognized institution.
- Two A Level credit passes chosen from Mathematics or Chemistry and Physics, Geography or Fine Arts.
List of Universities and Subject Requirements for Architecture
Are you looking for universities offering Architecture as a course of study? Below are some of the Nigerian universities offering Architecture.
- Afe Babalola University (ABUAD)
- Baze University (BAZE)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Ambrose Alli University (AAU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (former ANSU) (COOU)
- Ajayi Crowther University (AJAYI)
- Bells University of Technology (BELLS)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK)
- Bingham University (BINGHAM)
- Bowen University (BU)
- Caritas University (CARITAS)
- Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology (ESUT)
- Caleb University (CALEB)
- Federal University, Ndufu-alike (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI)
- Kano University Of Science And Technology (KUST)
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology (KSUSTA)
- Lead City University (LCU)
- Nile University of Nigeria (NUN)
- Tansian University (TANSIAN)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Elizade University (ELIZADE)
- Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Nigeria (UNN)
- Abia State University (ABSU)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU)
- Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
- Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH). Check out the list of Full List of Courses Offered in LAUTECH
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
- Covenant University (CU)
- Redeemer’s University (RUN)
- Crescent University (CRESCENT)
- First Technical University, Ibadan (TECH-U)
- Eastern Palm University (EPU)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH)
- Gombe State University (GOMSU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Rivers State University (RSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Niger Delta University (NDU)
Final Thoughts on Subject Combinations for Architecture
The above-listed JAMB subject combinations for Architecture and other admission requirements is the general requirements. It may differ from school to school as some schools are stricter than others. Either way, we advise aspirants to focus on meeting the necessary criteria to make gaining admission easier.
We hope you find our article on the JAMB subject combinations for Architecture and admission requirements helpful? Kindly Share with your friends and family if you find this helpful.