List of Illegal Universities in Nigeria, published by the National Universities Commission.
The NUC wishes to inform the general public, especially parents and prospective undergraduate students, that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have not been licensed yet by the Federal Government and therefore have been closed for the violation of the Education Act (National Minimum Standards, etc.) CAP E3 Act of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
Illegal Universities Closed Down by NUC – March 2020 List:
1) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses.
4) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses.
5) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
7) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
8) Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses.
9) United Nigeria University College, Okija, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
10) United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.
11) Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
12) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses.
13) London External Studies UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
14) The International University, Missouri, USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
15) Collumbus University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
16) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
17) Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
18) Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its other campuses.
19) Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
21) West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
22) St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
23) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna Illegal Campus.
24) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
25) Bolta University College Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
27) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo Akwa Ibom State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
28) Fifom University, Mbaise, Imo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
29) Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
30) Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
31) Acada University, Akinlalu, Oyo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
32) Concept College / Universities (London) Ilorin or any of its campuses in Nigeria further necessary action.
33) Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria.
34) Open International University, Akure.
35) Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija, Anambra State.36) Middle Belt University (North Central University), Otukpo.
37) Leadway University, Ughelli, Delta State.
38) Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja.
39) Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State.
40) Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State.
41) Metro University, Dutse / Bwari, Abuja.42) Temple University, Abuja.
43) Evangel University of America & Chudick Management Academic, Lagos.
44) University of Education, Winneba Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
45) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos.
46) National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State.47) Cape Coast University, Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
48) African University Cooperative Development (AUCD), Cotonou, Benin Republic, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
49) Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko Campus).
50) Irish University Business School London, operating anywhere in Nigeria.51) Pacific Western University, Denver, Colorado, Owerri Study Centre.52) career Light Resources Centre, Jos.
53) University of West Africa, Kwali-Abuja, FCT.
54) Coastal University, Iba-Oku, Akwa-Ibom State
55) Kaduna Bussiness School, Kaduna.
56) Gospel Missionary Foundation (GMF), Theological University 165 Iselo road, Cele bus stop, Egbe-Ikotun, Lagos.
57) West African Union University in Collaboration with International Professional College of Administration, Science and Technology Nigeria, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
58) Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger Delta.
In addition to the closure of the Institutions, the following Degree Mills are also currently undergoing additional investigations and/or ongoing legal actions. The purpose of these actions is to sue owners and recover illegal fees and charges from subscribers.
1) Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, Enugu
2) North Central University, Otukpo, Benue State Nigeria.
3) National University of Nigeria, Keffi, Nasarawa State
4) Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia State.
5) Volta University College, Aba, Abia State.
6) Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti State Campus.
7) West Coast University, Umuahia.
8) L.I.F.E Leadership University, Benin City, Edo State.
9) Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University.
For the avoidance of doubt, anyone who sponsors or obtains a certificate from any of these illegal institutions does so at their own risk. Certificates which are obtained from these sources will not be recognized for NYSC, employment and further studies. Law enforcement agencies in the country have also been informed of other necessary actions.
NOTE: This list of illegal universities in Nigeria is not exhaustive and will be updated periodically on 9jatoday as we get them.