How much is the cost of a wedding dress? The prices of wedding gowns in Nigeria have such a wide range that you need a lot of time and good planning to find what you want, at the price you want to spend, and with the characteristics that you like the most.
You are starting the search for your wedding dress and, do not know where to start? Do not worry, today I come to talk to you about the different prices of a wedding dress in Nigeria, the number of alternatives you have, and what you should do to avoid falling into the error of so many brides who start looking for their dress without planning.
Dear reader, make yourself comfortable because we’re going shopping!
HOW MUCH DOES A WEDDING DRESS COST
If you have been wanting to know the prices of wedding gowns in Nigeria then it is normal that when you start looking for your wedding dress, you start visiting all the portals of the main bridal firms. This option is very good for you to choose those dresses that you like.
However, when it comes to finding the prices of wedding gowns in Nigeria, I do not advise you to do it only through the internet. Almost all, if not all bridal fashion firms, have an appointment reservation section in any of their physical stores. You must book one of those visits to be advised by a professional.
The thing is that a wedding dress never has a final price; It does have a starting price, but you can ask them to make arrangements, including lace, or modify a cut. Therefore, it is not so easy to know the price of a dress like this, at first glance.
Anyway, I don’t want you to leave here without knowing how much a wedding dress costs in Nigeria. So, let’s get started.
WEDDING GOWN PRICES IN NIGERIA
There are two types of wedding gowns in Nigeria you can choose from, we have the Mermaid gown and the Ballgown, though we have various types of wedding gowns aside from the ones here, we are going to base our write up based on the most used and classic looking gowns and also having in mind that the price should be minimal.
MERMAID GOWN PRICES IN NIGERIA
Here is the list of wedding gowns and their prices, you can choose your budget, and please do not overspend.
- Beaded top mermaid gown == ₦20,000 – ₦50,000
- Beautiful mermaid gown with detachable skirt == ₦55,000
- Trumpet turtle neck mermaid wedding gown == ₦87,500
BALL GOWN PRICES IN NIGERIA
The cost of ball gown styles wedding gown in Nigeria ranges from ₦60,000 – ₦70,000 and we have them in different variants like the applique bodice, off-shoulder, and the beaded type.
- V-neck ball wedding gown around ₦35,000
- Ruffle vintage lace ballgown around ₦40,000
- Sleeved ball gown around ₦50,000 – ₦70,000
- Beaded high neck ball gown around ₦60,000
- Beaded off-shoulder ball gown with a floral tail around ₦80,000
- Full flowery ball tailed wedding dress around ₦80,000
- An off-shoulder ball wedding gown with corsets around ₦120,000
You might also be looking forward to a more expensive ball gown based on your pocket then you can have them from ₦85,000 and ₦125,000 and upwards.
Mind you, you can also get cheaper with a good quality A-line wedding gown either sleeveless or strapless with many other features added like embroidery and beaded for like ₦25,000.
RENTAL (Renting a Wedding Gown)
Do you know you can also rent a wedding gown? Here I propose two modalities. On the one hand, there is the rental of any wedding dress. It is easy that you can find dresses from important firms at a great price. You can even afford to rent more than one dress.
In Nigeria it is not so common; but brides rent a dress for every moment, the wedding, the pre-wedding photoshoot, for the banquet, etc. So, you can easily find a place to rent yours.
Read Also: Cost of Hiring/Renting Wedding Gowns In Nigeria
TIPS FOR FINDING A PERFECT WEDDING GOWN
It is clear that the price of the dress is important when organizing your budget for the wedding. But I want to leave you some tips to make it easier for you to find it, and soon.
- Don’t rush or delay: even if it seems like a lot, try to start looking for your dress as soon as possible. Six months early is a good start. It will give you time to try on dresses, consider options, and make informed decisions.
- Do not idealize a dress that does not exist: many women think about their wedding dress for as long as they can remember. I advise you not to do it because most likely that dress does not exist. And it may prevent you from seeing others that you do really like.
- Be very clear about the price of the dress that you can afford: add all the accessories (veil, shoes, jewelry, lingerie, stockings, everything!) And, under no circumstances, go beyond that amount.
- Don’t try on dresses you can’t afford – just skip them: Even if it seems to be very attractive and inviting, don’t go for it. If you cannot afford the price of the dress you will have to lower expectations, and it will be painful for you.
- Keep a cool head at all times: I know it is very exciting to try on wedding dresses. Keep your ideas about the dress very firm. Choose the dress that you like and not the one recommended by any of your companions.
- Do not take too many friends shopping with you: many different opinions, far from helping you, can confuse you more. Choose the women closest to you.
- Forget about sizes: bridal fashion does not follow the same sizing as clothing, in general. So, don’t be overwhelmed if they bring you a dress with a number too far from your usual size.
- Take a good look at yourself, from all angles: ask to take pictures from behind, and from the side, on a mirror. Take a good look at all the corners of your body. You have to be very sure, it’s your wedding dress!
- When you find your dress, look no further: already, I know it’s a lot of fun to try on wedding dresses. But, if you have already found yours, automatically stop looking further. It could confuse you more, and you should be relaxed for the beautiful day ahead.
- Choose a trusted designer: if you decide that it is a dressmaker, or designer, who makes your dress, choose the workshop very well. Ask for references, find out well who will make the best for you. And if you don’t like them, look for another designer. Thus, until you are convinced.
Read Also: Best Wedding Gifts For New Bride and Groom
I hope I have helped you in making the right choice with your wedding gown and now you the prices of wedding gowns in Nigeria, and that now you are clear about the price of the dress that you will wear on the most important day of your life.