The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Thursday, visited the management and staff of Television Continental(TVC) to console them over the invasion of the TV station by hoodlums last week.
The hoodlums left the station’s transmission gadgets, state-of-the-art studios, production rooms and operational vehicles in flames after the attack.
The Chief Executive Officer of TVC, Andrew Hanlon, led top management staff of the media organisation to receive Sanwo-Olu and his team, which included the Deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, Deputy Chief of Staff, Gboyega Soyannwo, and Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso.
Hanlon took the Governor round the main auditorium which was completely razed. The main auditorium was the hub of the TV station’s operation.
According to Hanlon, more than 250 production staff working in the razed building had been out of work since the incident happened. He added that over 500 direct employees of the station had been struggling to work in temporary accommodation put up by the company.
The station boss said no member of staff died in the incident. He said efforts were being taken to return TVC back to its full operations, promising that the station would bounce back stronger than it was.