Through this article, you will get the full list of all accredited School Of Nursing and Midwifery In Lagos state Nigeria, do if you want to study Nursing or want your wards to attend nursing school within Lagos, this is the article for you.
Do you have a passion for taking care of the sick or aid in bringing life into this world look no further we have you covered in the different areas and are ready to equip you with the most knowledge about the schools and how to go about your registration process?
Midwifery and nursing are really delicate roles that only certified caregivers should access, taking care of human life goes way beyond giving medications and cleaning up after them, in this field empathy is highly valued, patience is more than a virtue, and understanding/proper social skills go a long way in communicating with your patients and defining the patient-caregiver connection.
We have previously provided the full list of Schools of Nursing in Nigeria With Their School Fees In this article today we will be giving you the list of accredited schools of nursing and midwifery in Lagos state.
The list is available below;
List Of Accredited School Of Nursing And Midwifery In Lagos State
DEPARTMENT OF NURSING – UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
The department was established in the year 2010 but it commenced its operations in 2011, the department offers two types of admissions
- Students with no prior certifications need to get a 5 year BSc certification
- Nurses with prior certifications who require to further their educations by acquiring a baccalaureate which is a 4-year course. University of Lagos, Nursing faculty is amongst the Top 10 Best Universities to Study Nursing In Nigeria.
SCHOOL OF NURSING, IGANDO, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF NURSING, LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, IDI-ARABA
Established in 1961 and located in Idi-Araba, Surulere, Lagos state, it has three other campuses around and within Lagos state.
SCHOOL OF NURSING, MILITARY HOSPITAL, YABA LAGOS
SCHOOL OF MENTAL HEALTH NURSING, FEDERAL NEUROPSYCHIATRIC, YABA, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC ORTHOPAEDIC NURSING, NATIONAL ORTHOPEDIC HOSPITAL, IGBOBI, LAGOS
The school was established in 1945, it was formerly known as the royal orthopedic hospital and it was used in treating the wounded soldiers from the Nigerian Civil War. It was opened during World War II.
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC A&E NURSING, NATIONAL ORTHOPEDIC HOSPITAL, IGBOBI, LAGOS
The school is an extension of the National Orthopedic Hospital, Igbobi, Lagos.
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC PERI-OPERATIVE NURSING, LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC OPHTHALMIC NURSING, LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS
The school was established in 1961 and began its operations in 1962, the teaching hospital equips its students with work experience and placements to serve.
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC PAEDIATRIC NURSING, LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS
The school is an annex of the Lagos state teaching hospital that provides a variety of nursing courses to properly equip its students with standard knowledge and experiences for their profession.
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY NURSING, LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF BASIC MIDWIFERY, IGANDO, LAGOS STATE
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC MIDWIFERY, LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, IDI-ARABA, LAGOS
SCHOOL OF POST BASIC MIDWIFERY, MILITARY HOSPITAL, YABA, LAGOS.
The aforementioned schools are on the list of accredited School Of Nursing and Midwifery In Lagos state. The schools have been accredited because of their constant streaks of churning out standard practitioners who are good at what they do.
The school of nursing and midwifery goes beyond learning how to care for patients, it teaches you human empathy beyond the average human and how to take care of each patient placed in your care.
Requirements For Admission Into the School Of Nursing And Midwifery
To apply for any of the accredited schools of nursing and midwifery in Nigeria, you must meet certain requirements that qualify you to undergo the course. Requirements are
- You must be the age of 18 and above to register.
- You must have 5 O’level credit passes in mathematics, English, physics, chemistry, and biology.
- You must acquire the aforementioned credit passes in not more than two sittings from the following; WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL (WAEC), NATIONAL EXAMINATION COUNCIL (NECO), and NATIONAL BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL EXAMINATION BOARD (NABTEB).
Check out also: Private Universities That Offer Admission Without JAMB In Nigeria
Duties Of Nurses
- Record patients symptoms
- Take note of previous medical history and the current one
- To record changes, symptoms, or signs during recovery
- To conduct tests for patients
- To handle patients’ prescriptions
- They work with other medical professionals to give the patient optimum care
- To help take care of patients
- To treat minor health issues such as common colds
- To operate medical equipment
- Educating patients and other caregivers on viral diseases, preventive measures, and ways to treat them.
- They give appropriate recommendations for lifestyle changes and improvements
Duties of A Midwife
- They examine and take care of pregnant women in their care.
- They provide medical support for both expecting mothers and their partners
- They inform the expecting mothers on how to take care of their bodies during this period
- Taking samples, blood pressure, and other routine checks are required to keep the mother in optimum health
- Taking care of the mothers during labor
- Working with other professionals to determine what type of birth is ideal and safest for the mother.
- Taking records of everything that goes on during the pregnancy.
- Helping families deal with pregnancy mishaps
- Monitoring the baby during pregnancy, its positioning, and strength
- They monitor the baby during the birth process as well.
- They assist women during labor
After listing the accredited schools of nursing and midwifery in Nigeria we have also compiled requirements for getting into these institutions. In this same article, we have also provided the duties of nurses and midwives to give a clear understanding of what duties they are required to carry out.
Read Also: Official List of All Fully Accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the list of nursing schools in Lagos and their fees?
The list of nursing schools in Lagos is mentioned in the article above and the fees vary based on the schools and what type of nursing you wish to venture into.
The fees range from 30,000 Naira per session to 200,000 Naira per session depending on the institution you have applied to.
What is the cheapest nursing school in Lagos?
The cheapest Nursing school in Lagos is the Lagos state school of nursing, Igando, Lagos. The school fees go for as much as 230,000 Naira for tuition and accommodation.