Do you want to Apply for Italy Visa in Nigeria? There are many Nigerians who are interested in traveling to Italy for different reasons like you. Many of them ask different questions like how much is Visa from Nigeria to Italy? Or What are the requirements for Italy Visa? Fortunately, this article on How To Apply for Italy Visa in Nigeria addresses all of these questions. Read it to the end to find answers to all your questions on Italy visa application in Nigeria.
Italy is one of the European countries and among one of the 26 Schengen states. The country attracts over 50 million tourists each year as a result of its endowment and architectural resources. With a visa from Italy, you can visit any of the Schengen states freely. They include;
- Czech Republic
Read Also: Visa Free Countries Nigerian Passport Holders can Visit
Types of Italy Visa You Can Apply For
Many Nigerians traveled to Italy for different reasons and purposes. While some visit their family or friends, some came to behold the country’s beauty which is for tourism. Some travel for purely business, medical or pilgrimage purposes. To apply for an Italian visa in Nigeria, you need to indicate the reason for your visit. Below is the category of Italy visa you can apply for.
1. Tourist Visa
This type of Italy visa type is mainly for people who want to visit the country for trips and relaxational purposes. Italy tourist visa is valid for 90 days with 10 or more processing days.
2. Business Visa
This type of visa is for entrepreneurs or business owners who intend to travel to Italy for business’ sake.
3. Medical Visa
Due to the technological and medical advancement of Italy and other Schengen states, many visit there for treatment. The Italy medical visa requirements may include a Biometric data Certificate (Date of Birth, Marriage, etc.), Medical Letter, and others. Italy medical visa lasts for 90 days but in case you need to stay more than that, you may need to apply for a Resident Permit of National Visa.
4. Study Visa
Many Nigerians are studying in Italy, you can also apply for an Italy Study visa in Nigeria to study there.
5. Re-entry Visa
This type of visa is applied by people who are already living in Italy but traveled to other countries and their Visa expired. Hence, they will need to apply for a Re-entry visa to enter back into the country.
6. Family Reunion
This is for visitors who have families living already in Italy and would like to visit for a re-union.
Requirements for Italy Visa Application
What are the requirements for an Italian visa application? Whether you are aiming to apply for an Italy work visa, family reunion own, business, or others, below are the Italy visa requirements.
- An already completed Italy Visa application form. You can download the form HERE
- 2 Colour recent passports photograph with your full name written at the back
- Your International passport should be valid for at least 6 months with 3 pages.
Note: Only the biometric passport will be recognized.
- 2 Colored photocopies of the Biometric page of your passport
- Signed and typed sheet of your biometric data
- Colored Photocopy of Current or Expired Visas
- Travel medical insurance in case you are going for medical reasons. Note: The minimum coverage must be €30,000, i.e. ₦12,109,579
- Flight booking and Hotel accommodation confirmation
- An invitation letter of a visit from a family member living in Italy, for a visitor/ family visa
- Any other Documents indicating the purpose of visitation
- Statement of Bank Account
Cost of Italy Visa in Nigeria
The Italy visa cost for an adult is €60 (₦21,000) while the children between age 6-12 pay €35 (₦12,300) and those between 0-6 years are Free. An additional fee of ₦8,400 or more is charged by the Visa Application center as service charges. You may be asked to pay this fee in cash at the VAC implant branch of Sterling Bank.
Note: Bear in mind that this fee can change depending on the exchange rate
How To Apply for Italy Visa in Nigeria
Now that we have highlighted the different Italy visas you can apply for and the Italy visa cost. Below are the steps you can use in booking an appointment for Italy Visa Application.
- Gather all the required documents for applying for your visa
- Book an appointment with the nearest Visa Application Centre using the booking tool of VFS Global
- Visit the Visa Application center with your documents
- Submit it and pay the visa fee
- Your biometric data will be taken including a record of your fingerprint
- Sign the SMS disclaimer after completion
- Continue tracking your application online with receipt number and date of birth.
- Once your Visa and Passport are ready for collection, you will be informed.
Note: Passport and Visa can not be collected for another but in person.
Visa Application Centres in Nigeria
Two Italian visa application centers in Nigeria are saddled with the responsibility of giving visas. All visa applications go through these two centers. One is located in Lagos State and the other in Abuja.
Lagos State VFS Global
Physical Address: Plot 110, Manor House in Admiral Ayinla Way Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout in Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
The Visa/ Passport Submission Hours are between 08:00 to 14:00 while the Visa/ Passport Collection Hours are between 11:00 to 16:00.
Read Also: UK Visa For Nigerians – Visa Types, Requirements and Application Process
Abuja VFS Global
Physical Address: Plot 1083, Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District
The visa/ passport Submission Hours are between 08:00 to 14:00 while the visa/ passport collection hours are between08:00 between 15:00.
Note: Visa application Centers are always open every day except on weekends and public holidays.
Do you have any questions regarding Italian visa applications in Nigeria? You can direct all your questions to VFS Global by calling them via 0815 018 8800 or e-mail [email protected]