Many times people do ask around as to how to transfer airtime from one MTN line to another. While this is very easy and simple, not everyone can actually do it.
As a result of this, 9jatoday has decided to share these basic tips on how to transfer MTN airtime from one sim card to another without any stress at all. Before we go on, note NCC: No More Than 3 Sim Cards Allowed – Dr. Pantami
So if you want to help a friend out or your dad asked you to transfer airtime to your brother or sister who is in school, kindly follow the below procedure to do it correctly.
Transfer Airtime using the MTN Share and Sell
- There is a specific platform created for transferring airtime on the MTN sim pack platform called Share ‘N’ Sell, it is designed in a way and manner that it’ll allow MTN users to share airtime from one account to another.
- The Share ‘N’ Sell platform can be accessed and used by any prepaid or postpaid MTN customer.
- With the help of this platform, you stand the chance to transfer minimum airtime of N50 and maximum airtime of N5,000 at a time. The daily limit, however, is N10,000, maximum.
- Using the Share ‘N’ Sell platform attract a service fee that is affordable. Very small, depending on the amount you transferred.
MTN Share ‘N’ Sell Service Fee
- A transfer of N50 to N100 attracts a service fee of N3;
- Transfer of N101 to N500 attracts a service fee of N5;
- Transfer of N501 to N1000 attracts a fee of N10;
- Transfer of N1001 – N5000 attracts a service fee of N10.
How to Create and/or Change Your MTN Share and Sell Password
The issue of money in Nigeria is very serious and as such, using the Share ‘N’ Sell service involves a password. The default password for every MTN users is 0000. You can, however, change this to your own prior to transferring airtime from one MTN network to another.
To change the old pin into your own choice, you’ll need to send an SMS using this format, “default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777″
That is, you’ll write an SMS by typing 0000 4747 4747 to 777. The 0’s are the default pin while the 4747 are the new pin.
Better still, you can just dial *600*0000*4747*4747# and press send on your phone.
You’ll then receive a message that your password has been set.
Read Also: Top 5 IT Companies in Nigeria – 2020 Reviews
How to Transfer Airtime from one MTN network to another using Share ‘N’ Sell.
Go to your message box and type – Transfer Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. That is if you are to transfer N1000 airtime to another user and your Share ‘N’ Sell PIN is 4747, you’ll just type “Transfer 07030451738 1000 4747” to 777.
Alternatively, you can dial *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your log and send it. That is, *600*07030451738*1000*4747# and send.
When you’re done, you will then receive an SMS saying your transfer has been successful.
That is that in how to transfer airtime from one MTN sim to another.