Niger State Governor – Abubakar Sani Bello has awarded the contract for the construction of Minna-Bida road and others.
9jatoday understands that the contract for the reconstruction of Minna-Kateregi-Bida road has been awarded by Governor Abu Sani Bello’s administration to a sum of N24.4 billion.
Details of contracts read thus;
- Contractor: Dantata and Sowoe Nig Ltd.
- Contract sum: N24, 339,917, 789.85
- Contract Duration: 18 Months.
- Distance: 84Km.
In the same vein, the state government also announced the intention to commence construction of the following road;
1. Dualisation of Tunga roundabout to Shiroro Junction
2. Construction of two-lane single carriage off Imani Clinic-Industrial layout
3. Construction of Kontagora Bye-Pass road.
Niger State among other states has been noted with bad roads, both on the state government roads and the Federal roads in the state.
However, with all indication, the Niger State Governor – Abubakar Sani Bello’s administrations in its second term in office have included the rehabilitation of old and construction of new roads of the state in the second-term agenda.