Prices of Electrical Materials In Nigeria are discussed in this article. A building’s wiring and other connected operations need the usage of these materials.
Electrical materials are required for electrical installations, and these materials can be used for a variety of reasons, the most important of which is controlling the flow of current through an electric circuit. In order to avoid fires or damage to electrical appliances, circuit breakers and fuses might be employed.
Other electrical materials, such as insulators, can be employed to protect people from electric shocks when using electrical equipment or instruments.
To transport current from the source to the load, electrical materials such as current-carrying cables or conductors are employed. With this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the variables that influence the pricing of electrical materials in our nation before examining their varied prices.
FACTORS AFFECTING PRICES OF ELECTRICAL MATERIALS IN NIGERIA
The following are some of the current variables influencing electrical material pricing in Nigeria.
When it comes to electrical materials, the brand counts a lot, and the brand influences the pricing of electrical materials in the country today. Some brands are bigger and better than others, and they may use their popularity to produce higher-quality electrical materials and offer them to the general public at higher prices.
SEASONS AND TIMES
The current pricing of electrical materials in Nigeria is heavily influenced by the times and seasons. These materials are more expensive at certain seasons of the year than at other times of the year, and this influences how much electrical materials will sell in the market at certain times. They may also be less expensive during other seasons of the year.
Import duties also impact the price of electrical materials in Nigeria today, since many of the electrical materials used in Nigeria are imported from outside the nation, and therefore their costs are determined by the cost of import tariffs. The higher the import tariff, the more costly the goods become, and vice versa.
When it comes to how much it will cost to acquire an electrical material in different locations, location is still another influencing element. Electrical materials are typically sold at a greater rate in cities and areas with a better quality of life than in places with a lower standard of living.
CURRENT PRICES OF ELECTRICAL MATERIALS PRICES IN NIGERIA
The current electrical material costs in Nigeria are as follows:
- 4 armored cables with a diameter of 50 mm cost between N7,800 and N8,500 per meter.
- 4 armored cables with a 16 mm diameter costs between N3,700 and N5,000 per meter.
- In Nigeria currently, a 100 amp changeover switch costs between 67,000 and 75,000 Naira.
- Currently, a 100 amp TP and N switch costs between 35,000 and 40,000 Naira in Nigeria.
- The distribution board (D12) costs between N55,000 and N65,000 in the country.
- In today’s market, a 6 by 6 cooking unit costs between N6,500 and N8,500.
- Currently, 25 mm PVC dignity pipe costs between N12,000 and N17,000 per bundle.
- The cost of a bundle of 20 mm PVC dignity pipe is from N11,000 to N13,000.
- Currently, ordinary energy-saving lights (1 x 36 watts) cost between N6,000 and N8,000.
- Today, high-quality conventional energy-saving lights (1 x 36 watts) cost between N17,000 and N19,000.
- In Nigeria nowadays, light fittings (4 x 18 watts) cost between N9,500 and N12,000.
- Bulk-headed light fixtures are currently priced between N4,500 and N6,000.
- Chandelier light fixtures now range in price from N35,000 to N90,000.
- In today’s electrical materials market in the country, DP switches cost between N4,500 and N5,500.
- The price of a 13 amp socket ranges from N1,500 to N2,100.
- A 5 amp socket will Cost you between N1,100 and N1,400.
- The price of a three-gang one-way switch ranges from N3,700 to N4,500.
- The price of a two-gang two-way switch ranges from N3,500 to N4,000.
- A single gang 2-way switch will Cost you between N2,100 and N3,100.
- The price of a single gang 1-way switch ranges from 800 to 1,100 Naira.
- The price of a 1.5 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable ranges from N10,500 to N13,000 per coil/100.
- The price of 2.5 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable ranges from N15,000 to 20,000 per coil/100.
- A coil/100 of 4 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable costs between 25,000 and 30,000 Naira.
- Currently, 6 mm single-core (G.R.Y.) cable costs between 30,000 and 37,000 Naira in the nation.
Kindly be informed that the prices of electrical materials listed above are subject to change and that these figures are estimates. Nigerian Guide has provided this article purely on an informational basis and we advise that you still visit the market to confirm certain prices listed as we are not dealers in electrical materials.