We’ll look at the current prices of mosquito nets in Nigeria in this article. As a result of our country’s vulnerability to malaria, which is transmitted by female Anopheles mosquitoes, mosquito nets are particularly crucial in many Nigerian households today.
Because many people in the country are at risk of contracting the malaria parasite (Plasmodium spp.) as a result of our tropical climate and the poor living conditions to which many Nigerians are subjected, medical professionals strongly advise citizens to install mosquito nets in their various homes to prevent mosquito bites, particularly from female Anopheles mosquitoes.
In this post, we’ll discuss the factors to consider while purchasing mosquito nets in Nigeria, as well as the current cost of mosquito nets in the country. Please keep reading if you want to learn more.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING MOSQUITO NETS IN NIGERIA
When buying mosquito nets in Nigeria, there are a few factors to keep in mind, as we’ll see below:
THE MOSQUITO NET’S SIZE
One of the most significant factors to consider when purchasing a mosquito net in Nigeria is the size of the net. This is due to the fact that mosquito nets come in a variety of sizes to accommodate people or groups depending on the aim of your purchase. When choosing the size of your mosquito net, consider the size of your bed.
MOSQUITO NETS, TREATED AND UNTREATED
Both treated and untreated mosquito nets are available. When purchasing a net for your use, you should select whether you want insecticide-treated or untreated nets. Mosquito-killing and repelling chemicals have previously been added to insecticide-treated nets.
They are superior to untreated nets, although some people’s skin reacts to the chemicals used to treat the nets, thus they prefer untreated nets. Pregnant women and children under the age of six should avoid using treated mosquito nets since they may be detrimental to them.
Overall, depending on the user and their preferences, both treated and untreated mosquito nets are quite effective.
PRICES OF MOSQUITO NETS IN NIGERIA
The current prices of mosquito nets in Nigeria in 2021 range from 4,000 and 18,000 Naira, depending on the type of mosquito net purchased, as well as the brand, size, design, and so on. Mosquito nets can be purchased at a variety of Nigerian pharmacies as well as online at a variety of reputable e-commerce stores.
Mosquito nets, as previously indicated throughout the course of this essay, come in a variety of shapes and sizes, as well as a range of prices. This pricing can be influenced by brand names as well as the place where they are sold. Be aware that imported mosquito nets are typically more expensive than locally made mosquito nets, and that insecticide-treated mosquito nets are typically more expensive than untreated mosquito nets.
What you should know
- Mosquito nets are one of the most effective ways to guard against malaria and other mosquito-borne infections.
- The long-lasting insecticide is used to treat the most effective nets (LLINs) (which kill mosquitoes).
- These nets have a lifespan of three to five years.
- Nets must be utilized correctly in order to be effective.
- How to Use Insecticide-Treated Mosquito Nets for a Long Time (LLINs) properly
- Suspend the net above the sleeping area.
- To keep mosquitoes out, make sure the net is tucked beneath the mattress or mat.
- Close the net while sleeping and during the day when you are not in the sleeping area.
- Insecticide can be removed from the net by washing it. When washing the net, follow the washing instructions that came with it. Do not wash the net too frequently.
- Any rips or tears in the net should be repaired.
- Replace the nets at the recommended intervals (every three-five years).
What you are capable of
- Every member of the community should be encouraged to sleep under a mosquito net every night. It is especially critical for children and pregnant women to do so.
- Encourage the usage of insecticide-treated mosquito nets that endure a long time (LLINs).
- Make sure that as many people as possible in your community have bed nets.
- Find out where you can get LLINs and volunteer to assist your local National Society branch to distribute them.
- Show people how to correctly hang their nets. Visit homes to assist in the installation of nets and to promote their use.
- Check-in with homes to confirm that they are using their bednets.
- Find out why people aren’t using their bed nets.
- To ensure that bed nets are used correctly, follow the instructions on the reverse side of this sheet.
using mosquito nets is one of the advisable things anyone can do, this helps to prevent malaria and other sicknesses that can be transferred through blood-sucking pathogens. We have given you the price of mosquito nets in Nigeria, what you can do to effectively use this net, and what you should consider before buying one in the market. So that is all we have prepared for you on this topic.