Cupcakes are cakes that come in small packages or boxes and are also known as Queen’s cake. Cupcakes are quite easy to make and to Start Cupcake Business In Nigeria is very easy. If you want to learn how to start a cupcake business, baking equipment, cupcake business profitability, how to preserve cupcakes, and the likes, this article is just for you. Have a good read.
First of all, it is worthy of note that this business could be tempting and you might want to start eating the cakes. If you do this, there’s a possibility that you’ll eat your profit and even get to eat your capital which would make your business go down. So by all means, avoid eating too much of the cakes, save your profit and rollover.
Cupcakes Baking Ingredients and Equipment
The first thing in starting a cupcake business is to know what equipment you’ll be buying, so you don’t buy the wrong things that you can’t even improvise with. That being said, the equipment for the cupcake business includes but is not limited to the following:
- Baking pan/pot,
- Cake cups
- Aluminum pot/oven
- Electric cooker/stove/ gas
- Egg whisker
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Electric mixer/pestle/spatula
To easily Start Cupcake Business In Nigeria, the above equipment can be improvised and used where applicable.
Cupcake baking ingredients include:
Cupcake Baking Procedure
- to Start Cupcake Business In Nigeria and attain success depends more on the quality of your cupcakes. how goo your cupcakes are determines if you will have your customers co ing back for more and also recommend you to their friends. Follow the procedure below:
- Cream your butter by turning with the spatula or pestle or electric mixer in a regular pattern, either you go clockwise or anti-clockwise but don’t use both patterns.
- Mix all your dry and wet ingredients separately.
- Whisk your egg very well and set it aside
- You can now start mixing them together by first adding sugar to the creamed butter, keep mixing till you get your desired consistency
- Pour in your sieved flour and baking powder into the mixture and continue mixing, it is advisable to fold/pour in the flour in batches so you would be able to mix thoroughly.
- Add your flavor, milk, and preservative and continue mixing till you get the consistency you desire which most preferably should be dropping.
- Pre-heat your oven- the purpose of doing this is so that your oven gets hot while you’re preparing the batter. Don’t stress yourself if you don’t have an oven cause you can use a pot as I earlier said, improvisation is allowed. Just fill the bottom of the pot with clean sand and pebbles and also use foil paper to cover it so it gives a layered surface.
- Remember to also grease your pan/baking cups; this helps the cake to come out easily when ready. This step however can be skipped if you’re using paper cups. You grease your pan/cups by applying very little amount of butter and flour on them, butter first then flour on top.
- pour the mixture into your pan or share them equally into the cups, place them on the baking tray and shake lightly for an even distribution or just place the cups directly on the baking pot if you’re not using an oven’
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until it turns golden brown, do not open the pot or oven until the aroma fills everywhere and you’re certain the cake is ready, you can reduce the heat at this point and check if the cake is ready by dipping in a toothpick, if it comes out drop then your cake is ready.
- Read Also: How to Start Popcorn Business in Nigeria
Is Cupcake Business Profitable?
The answer is yes, the cupcake business is very profitable and it all boils down to how well you manage the business. You can’t expect to have too much profit if you’re always eating into your capital or doing too much “giveaway” with the cakes.
The ingredients needed are not too much and the good thing is most things last for a long time like the baking pot, baking pan, and baking cups. So you would have made enough money from them over time because there are not things you get to keep buying.
Your profit may not be too much for a start because you would have to separate your capital from it but it increases as time goes on and that is one good thing about the cupcake business.
To start aStart Cupcake Business In Nigeria and stay successful in it, you have to plan for both the capital and the marketing strategy you will be using. It is usually advisable to first carry out a market survey to find out how much the equipment you will be buying is sold. The survey helps you plan your capital and from there you can tell how much you would need.
The cool thing about the cupcake business is that you can actually plan on a budget and work towards it within a period of time before the prices of things skyrocket, this means you can carry out the survey and start buying almost immediately.
To market your cupcakes, you can first start by writing a cupcake business proposal to stores around you, market it online, supply it to guys who sell in traffic at a subsidized rate, sell in secondary schools and universities.
Succeeding in the cupcake business goes beyond just starting it, all the activities you put in place help you and that means you have to be deliberate and intentional about selling and also making a profit.
Walk into stores and ask to buy cake, if they don’t sell it, offer to supply it to them at subsidized rates, you will be shocked at the number of stores you’ll be supplying cakes to at the end of the day. Also, do cupcake delivery because some people wouldn’t want to move to your location to get the cake.
So offer that convenience and supply it to them, you’ll also attract more customers with this strategy.
In this article, we talked about the most possible and achievable ways to Start Cupcake Business In Nigeria. Notice that we didn’t talk about the location because you can produce the cake even at home and supply it out.
Wasting money on scouting for a location or renting a shop can be avoided at the initial stage. So start your cupcake business, use good packaging and employ the hacks in this article for a successful cupcake business.
Read Also: How to Start Potato Chips Business In Nigeria
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW TO MAKE 50 NAIRA CUPCAKE
in different sizes and they know which size fits a particular amount and they count the cups for sale at a discounted rate. Ask them for help so you don’t use 100 cake cups to make 50 naira cakes and end up running at a loss.
add to the mixing so that the cake can last for a longer time and the taste wouldn’t change. Do not put too much alcohol though so that the cake doesn’t make people high.