After the dethronement of Muhammad Sanusi II, as the state of the Emir of Kano, the state government announced Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero as the new Emir on Monday, March 9, 2020.
Bayero, son of the late Emir Ado Bayero, replaces Muhammad Sanusi II, who was dethroned and banned to Nasarawa on Monday, March 9, 2020.
Here are five things to know about the new Emir:
1. Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero was previously the Emir of Bichi Emirate; He was named emir of Bichi in 2019, after Kano state governor Umar Ganduje divided the Kano Emirate into four.
2. Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero is the son of the 13th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Dr. Ado Abdullahi Bayero, who reigned from 1963 until his death in 2014.
3. Ado Bayero has won different traditional titles in the past three decades. In 1990, he was named Danmajen Kano; then he became Danburan Kano, then Turakin Kano for Sarkin Dawakin Tsakar Gida and, finally, for Wamban Kano.
4. He is now the 15th Emir of the Fulani in the Kano Emirate.
5. Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero has a degree in Mass Communication from Bayero University, Kano.