Wanting to know how to make pepperoni bread? Pepperoni bread is a guaranteed success no one can resist. The braid shape guarantees a sophisticated appearance and a well-toasted filling.
In today’s post, we will show you a step by step guide on how you can make pepperoni bread. Read on.
It is impossible not to like pepperoni bread. In this recipe, we use chopped smoked pepperoni and braid modeling.
- Yield: 1 large bread
- Handling time: 40 minutes
- Total preparation time: 3 to 4 hours
- 400 g of wheat flour
- 264 ml of warm water
- 8 g of salt
- 15 g of fresh biological yeast or 5 g of dry biological yeast
- 150 g of smoked pepperoni cut into cubes
- Oregano, parsley or basil to season the pepperoni
Method of Preparation
- Place warm water in a large bowl.
- Mix the flour and salt in a smaller bowl.
- Add the yeast in the bowl with water or directly in the flour.
- Add the flour and salt mixture to the bowl of water.
- Mix everything with a wooden spoon and then with your hand until it forms a uniform dough. Try to use all the flour that is stuck to the sides.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes (or up to 30 minutes if you can wait).
- Knead the dough in the bowl itself or on a lightly floured bench.
- Cover with the other bowl (or with a cloth) and let it rise for about 1 hour until it doubles in size (if it’s hot it’s faster).
- While waiting for the dough to rise, prepare the filling.
- Cut the pepperoni into very small cubes. No need to fry, it will bake right in the oven.
- Add the herbs and mix well.
- After the first fermentation, pour the dough onto a floured bench, press it to release all the air that has formed internally.
- Shape a ball with the dough and let it rest again for 10 minutes.
- Spread the dough well by hand until it forms a rectangle.
- Distribute the pepperoni over the entire surface, pressing the filling a little on the dough.
- Roll the dough carefully and press the seam with your fingertips to seal the bread.
- Cut the rolled dough in half longitudinally and make a braid.
- Cover the dough and wait for 30 minutes to rise.
- About 10 minutes before baking, place a baking sheet on the bottom of the oven and preheat it to 250ºC.
- Pour a glass of water on the heated baking sheet and place the dough in the oven on another baking sheet on top. Lower the temperature to 210ºC.
- Wait for 30 to 40 minutes to brown until well browned. Don’t leave much longer than that.
- If the bread is already baked inside, but the rind is not yet, put it in the gratin function for 5 minutes.
- To find out if the bread is baked, remove it from the oven and beat on the bottom. It must sound hollow like hitting wood. You can return it to the oven if it is not roasted.
- When it is roasted, remove from the oven and place it on a grill to cool for 10 minutes.
With the information we have provided on how to make a pepperoni bread, we hope you can make this happen by following our steps, if you have any question kindly make use of the comment box below.