This article contains a step-by-step guide on how to port to MTN from any network including Glo, Airtel, 9mobile, and so on.
If you are unsatisfied with your network provider services either because of cost or network, you can change to another better network without changing your number. Migrating from one network provider to another without changing your phone number is called Mobile Number Portability(MNP).
What is Mobile Number Portability all about?
Mobile Number Portability is the term used when a user of a network provider changes from his/her network provider to another without changing the mobile number. For example, A user port To MTN from other networks like Glo without changing the mobile number.
Mobile Number Portability(MNP) which was started in 2013 offers easy and smooth porting from one network to another. It’s useful for people who have a lot of friends, clients, and business partners who may want to reach them via that particular number.
MNP can be done from any network to the other but today, we are focusing on how to port to MTN from any Network. MNP takes between 15 to 30 minutes to complete but it may take at most 48hrs to be successful.
Before you proceed to port to MTN from any network like Glo, Airtel, and so on, you need to consider the following.
Things To Consider To Port To MTN from Any Network(Glo, Airtel, and so on)
- Ensure you used all your data or airtime on the network you are porting from finished.
- Withdraw any funds you have on the network
- Settle all outstanding debt or pending transactions
- Backed all your contacts saved on the sim card of the network to your Google Account or save it to your phone
- Ensure you haven’t ported from any network for at least 90 days.
After ensuring all this, the next thing is to gather all the information you will need to port to MTN from other Networks.
Information Needed to Do Mobile Number Portability(MNP)
- The mobile number you wanted to port.
- Name of the existing network you are using
- First name and last name used in registering the sim card
- Date of Birth used
- A valid ID Card(Either national ID card, voters card, or Driver’s license and their photocopy).
Read Also: How To Transfer Airtime Credit From One Network To Another(Step-by-step)
How To Port To MTN from Any Network providers (Glo, Airtel, 9mobile, and so on)
1. Visit the nearest MTN center outlets to you since you are changing to MTN.
2. Request for MTN mobile number portability
3. Present a Valid ID Card for identification
4. Fill the MNP form given to you and submit it after filling
5. Complete the Port Validation Processes by sending PORT to 3232 via text message or visit the website.
6. You will be given a new sim card at the MTN outlet(you may pay for the new sim)
7. You will be required to register your new sim bearing your last phone number also.
8. An SMS message that shows the porting was successful will be sent to you.
9. Once it’s activated, you can replace the old sim with the new MTN sim. You can start enjoying the MTN network after!
Read Also: How To Transfer Airtime from one MTN Network to Another
Notes: Everything on your old sim will be lost including airtime, messages, contact except your phone number. You are expected to be prepared before initiating the process. Porting to MTN from other networks is also free.
Start enjoying the MTN tariff plan and cheap data after completing the above steps successfully. We hope you find this guide on how to port to MTN from any network helpful.