Toke Makinwa is widely regarded by many to be one of the most popular female broadcasters and on-air personalities (OAP) in Nigeria. She came into prominence through the “Morning Drive” on Rhythm 93.7 FM as a co-host and has since grown in leaps and bounds into a media force armed with the most popular vlog in Nigeria.
The Ebonylife TV Presenter recently came under severe criticisms from a lot of Nigerians after she advised young ladies to live their lives on the edge, have fun, kiss strangers, have a tattoo, pierce multiple parts, have one night stands and so on through her popular vlog. Her advice didn’t go down well with many fans especially the male ones, who called the 31-year old media personality out for suggesting to young ladies that they should live life in a wild and free manner. Popular and controversial online buffs such as Kemi Olunloyo and Cool 96.9 FM presenter Daddy Freeze also shared their thoughts on Toke Makinwa and the advice she gave.
The UNILAG Graduate has hugged the headlines for the last few days and it’s only appropriate that we share with you things that you must know about Toke Makinwa as follows:
1. She was born on the 3rd of November, 1984 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. Her favorite food combination is amala, gbegiri and ewedu.
3. Toke Makinwa is a co-host of Moments on Ebonylife TV (DSTV Channel 165). She co-hosts with Michelle Dede and Bolanle Olukanni.
4. She is a University of Lagos (UNILAG) Graduate.
5. In 2010, Toke hosted the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) beauty pageant.
6. She won the Outstanding Female Presenter of the Year award at the 2013 Nigeria Broadcasters Awards.
7. The light-skinned presenter has featured in major editorials such as Fame Extra Magazine, City People, Complete Fashion Magazine, Exquisite Magazine, This Day Style and many more.
8. On the 15th of January, 2014 she married her longtime partner of 8 years and fitness guru Maje Ayida but their marriage barely lasted for 18 months before hitting the rocks due to infidelity on the part of her ex-husband.