Have you been browsing over the night looking for ways to apply for Canada Visa from Nigeria? If yes, then count yourself lucky as this article will vividly explain the surefire ways involved.
Of course, one of the highly sought countries average Nigerians want to visit is Canada. With her world-class universities and stable economy, it is one of the few places many Nigerians have been longing to visit.
Informatively, Canada is situated in North America and requires one to obtain a visa before entering the country. Apart from its beautiful sceneries, other reasons while people want to visit Canada are to reside there permanently, medical treatment, further studies, etc.
Thus, there is no much involved in applying for Canada Visa as a Nigerian if you know and understand the necessary procedures very well. Without much intro, the following are the required ways to apply for a visa to Canada from Nigeria.
However, before highlighting the procedure involved, you must identify the category of Visa seekers you belong to and check if you’re eligible for a Canadian Visa or not.
Read Also: How to Travel Abroad From Nigeria In 2020
Canadian Visa Categories
Applying for Visitor Visa will allow you an initial entry into Canada and you’ll be able to stay there for close to 2 years and a half.
This type of visa package also has a super visa sub-category which cost 100 $CAN. In case you’re going abroad with your family, you can apply for it alongside the visitor Visa.
This type of Canada Visa will allow you to stay and work in the country. It is quite different from a visitor’s visa above. There is however sub-category of Work Visa too. They are;
- Federal Skilled Worker Visa
- Work Permit
- Canadian Experience Class Visa
- Student Visa.
Having known the type and categories of the available visa into Canada; it is very ideal you check yourself and pick the one you have interest in. For instance, you can’t be going to Canada to work and apply for Student Visa or vice versa, it’s very wrong.
Hence, after you must have known and chosen the type of Canada Visa you’ll be applying for from Nigeria, endeavor to consider the following procedures for the Visa application processes.
- Before applying for a Canada Visa, firstly check whether you are eligible or not for a temporary resident visa.
- If you are a minor i.e under 18 years of age, you must show evidence that your parent or guardian consented to your travel. There is a part meant for them to fill and complete in the application form.
- After that, you’ll have to pay for the application. Note that the application fee is distinct from the VAC fees (if you are paying via VAC)
- After making the payment, you’ll have to submit your application for review. Always submit your application by yourself, not even via email. Even if the visa is meant for the whole family, individual submission is vital.
The rest is for the VAC to check for any error and biometric verification.