Opening a verified Paypal account in Nigeria seems to be one of the problems most internet marketers and other entrepreneurs face.
This article aims to guide you on how to open a verified PayPal account in Nigeria and tricks you can use to receive money despite the restrictions on the Nigerian PayPal account.
PayPal is one of the leading online financial wallet in the world owned by PayPal Inc. Holdings in the US. PayPal is accessible in over 200 regions and 23 countries, with some restrictions on a few countries due to their history. In which, Nigeria and some other countries are part of it. Opening a Nigeria PayPal account allows you to only pay for goods and services on international platforms like Amazon, E-bay with restrictions on receiving funds.
Read Also:10 Best Online Shopping Sites in Nigeria
In case you had like to open a Nigeria PayPal account to shop online or receive funds. Check below to find steps to do so.
How To Open a PayPal Account in Nigeria
PayPal account in Nigeria as said earlier can only be used to pay for goods on E-Commerce sites without the ability to receive the same. Below is a guide on how to create one.
1. Visit the PayPal website by clicking HERE to get started
2. Click on the MENU tab to see Personal and sign up for free below.
Note: PayPal allows both creations of personal and business accounts but only personal is available to Nigerians.
3. Click Sign up for free under the Personal account.
4. Fill in your necessary details by adding a valid e-mail address(ensure it hasn’t been used before).
5. You will also need to input your card details including expiry date, CVV(number behind your ATM card), and others.
Note: Ensure you use the same physical address you used when registering for your bank account is used.
6. Verify CAPTCHA to show you are human and also agree to terms and conditions by ticking the box below.
After all registrations, the next step is to get verified through the steps listed below.
How To Verify Your PayPal Account in Nigeria
Once all the above steps have been completed, you can verify your PayPal account by following these steps
1. Check your E-mail inbox for any verification link from PayPal.
2. Once seen, click on the verification link or copy it to your browser to direct you to a page where all your details are shown for you to confirm.
3. During this process, a refundable fee of $1.95 will be deducted from your card to verify its functionality.
Note: the money is refundable and will be credited back to your account within 24 hours.
4. A 4 digit code will be sent to you to carry out the deductions.
5. Insert the code correctly and then click confirm Debit/Credit Card.
6. And then, you have just succeeded in creating a Verified Nigerian PayPal account. Be expecting their congratulatory message soonest!
Note: PayPal is quite strict and any mistake by you may lead to banning the account. So, we advised you to be sure of every detail before inserting it.
How To Receive Money With A Verified Nigeria PayPal Account
With the above-mentioned steps, you can only shop or pay for goods online. You can’t receive funds with it. Even at that, you can try these tricks and methods to receive funds from a PayPal account in Nigeria.
Method 1: via a friend PayPal ID or account
If you have a trusted friend or family member abroad who has a PayPal account. You can receive money from your clients through their PayPal ID while they send it to you via Western Union or Money Gram.
Method 2: Creating Account For you
If that seems awkward for you or you prefer to operate your account. You can ask for the help of a trusted friend or relative to help you create the account using all their details. After creating for you, all you need is their Username and Password to operate the PayPal account in Nigeria.
Once you log in, don’t be surprised if PayPal requires the submission of the owner’s document. Just because they can sense the difference in the IP addresses. All you need is to get your friend or relative to scan his or her ID document for you while you submit it.
With that, you can continue to receive funds by using the PayPal account in Nigeria. Even though this trick is for those who have a family or friend in other countries approved by PayPal, it is tested and trusted.
We hope you find our guide on how to open and verify a PayPal account in Nigeria.