If you have ever wanted to obtain a Visit visa to the UK from Nigeria, this article will guide you on the necessary steps to take. In this article, you will be exposed to the different types of UK visa, the requirements, fees, and application processes.
The United Kingdom (UK) whose lingua Franca is British English comprises a lot of countries including England, Scotland, Whales, and so on. The kingdom allows citizens of countries including Nigeria to apply for Visa before entering the country. So, you need to apply for a UK visa in Nigeria with your international passport before you can visit the UK.
There are different types of visas offered to different visitors by the UK government. The UK visa fees and duration will also be determined by the reasons for visiting. Below are some types of UK Visas in Nigeria you can apply for.
Types of UK Visas in Nigeria
There are many types of UK visas in Nigeria that you can apply for depending on your particular for visiting the kingdom. Below are some of them with their details.
1. Business Visa
To apply for this UK visa in Nigeria, you need to have a skill or operational idea to be launched in the UK. Probably, you want to invest or have started conducting a business there.
The UK Business Visa is also called Tier 1 and it is for business-related activities. Signing up for this type of visa gives you the opportunity of a 6-month stay or less before it expires.
2. Work Visa
This visa can either be called Tier 2 or Tier 5. The Tier 2 visa is for those who are offered or have a skilled job in the UK. And Tier 5 is for those working with any approved program by the government. Whether it is a religious program, creative program, sports, or any other program that falls under it.
Aside from the General UK visiting visa requirements for Nigerians, you will need to provide your employment letter. The letter must include details of the activities or meeting also.
3. Student Visa
This visa type is for the students who intend to school in any of the countries in the United Kingdom. The student Visa is also known as Tier 4 Visa.
To apply for a student visa in Nigeria, you must be able to provide your admission letter from the school. Which must be stating your program and duration of the study. With this and all other requirements, a visa will be issued which will take at least 3 years to expire depending on your program.
4. Family Visa
If you intend to visit any family members residing in the UK, this is the best visa type to go for. The visa takes between 3 to 6 months before it expires. A letter of invitation from a family member is one of the requirements for this visa.
There are many other UK visiting visas type like settlement visa, transit visa, marriage visitor visa, and so on. You can visit the UK Government visa website to choose the one you want.
UK Visas Fee and Processing Time in Nigeria
Averagely, most of these visas take between 15 to 90 days to be processed. The reason why you should apply for your visa 3 months before your departure date.
How much does a UK Visa fee cost for Nigerians? The visa fee may differ depending on the type of visa chosen, duration, and other factors. The UK Visa fee is currently between N48,641 (less or 6 months validity) to N420,534 (10 years validity or more).
UK Visas Requirements in Nigeria
The UK visiting visa requirements for Nigerians is listed below;
- An already filled Visa Application form
- Valid Nigerian International Passport with spaces
- 1 Passport Picture of the Applicants
- Visa processing fee
- Original Bank Account Statement (less than 3 months)
- Invitation Letter by Family member for those applying for Family Visiting Visa
- Admission Letter for those applying for UK Student Visa
- Invitation or Confirmation Letter
of training, meetings, programs with other details for business Visa.
How To Apply for UK Visa in Nigeria
Below are the steps to apply for UK Visas in Nigeria
- Visit the UK government Visa Website and confirm the exact type of visa needed.
- Fill the Visa application form with your details
- Book an appointment and pay your visa fees at the visa application center. An e-mail message will be sent to you afterward confirming the appointment booked. The message will also include the document you are expected to go with as well as your GWF number.
- Register your Appointment on the TLS Contact Website in Nigeria
Note: You can also make use of the UK Application centers in Nigeria to do all listed above.
- Go with your documents to the Application center for your appointment. Submit all the necessary details including your biometric data.
- Then wait for it to be processed.
Note: To be granted a visit visa to the UK from Nigeria, you must be able to speak, read and write in the English language. You will also be tested on it during your interview. Your financial capability will also be considered.
UK Application Centers in Nigeria
These application centers are always open from Monday to Friday from 08.30 am 2.30 pm except during public holidays.
Abuja Visa Application Center
1. Physical address: 3rd floor of Murkhtar El-Yakub place. Plot 1129, Beside Metro Plaza on Zakariya Maimalari Str. in Central Business District, Abuja
Lagos Visa Application Centre
1. Physical Address: 1st and Ground floor in Etiebets Place, at No. 21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way in Ikeja, Lagos State
2. Physical Address: Ground Floor of Ivie House. Around 4/6 Ajose Adeogun Street in Victoria Island, Lagos State.